Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Washington » Seattle » Pioneer Square March 16th 2012


United States flagPublished: March 16th 2012North America » United States » Washington » Seattle » Pioneer Square
March 16th 2012 

Hola a todos! 

The place of origin is misleading hehe. I'm actually in West Seattle at my fave lil pub. The Bridge enjoying a beer or two. Anyways straight to the point....am off to the Oaxaca Coast from May 7th through July 7th or so. Lately the weather has been ugly here! Rain, snow and wind, makes me long for 86F temps and water temps of 82F. Already booked my apartment and got vaccinations squared away! I need this! No phone,but net as needed! I was kinda tossed as to where to go actually. I had spoken with my sister who immediately said i ought to consider a pilgrimage to Spain with her, because she had a friend tell her "it would be awesome". I fired back you ought to consider what you like before making decisions! She sort of agreed. Always struck me as odd when someone pushes a spot on others...bottomline is follow your interests! I cannot wait to see folks albeit for a short time in Mexico City! I made many friends. Will prove to be a wicked trip to say the least...its a 15 hour bus trip from Mexico city to the coast ugggh! On a lighter note seems i locked in my flight at just the right time as speculators are driving oil prices way up. 

Was zero issues booking accomodations...Chris the owner of place I'm staying since it's offseason was very nice. An Aussie family man seems a good guy. So two months of laying around getting sun,although I do insist on seeing the turtle reserve in Mazunte! Well a cutie is eyeballing me (likely due to my freakish looks) so will bid everyone a goodbye and take my leave! Loves to some...the finger to others. Hasta pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan