Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Puerto Escondido June 5th 2012


Mexicos flagPublished: June 5th 2012North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
June 5th 2012 

Sunset!Sunset!
Sunset!

Sunset at La Punta overlooking Zicatela.
Howdy people! 

Well tonight I ate way too much food,so I figured since I'm in for the night; I'd update blog. Dinner was a 320 gram (or lil over half pound) new york cut steak,some garlic toast and the best damned sweet corn I've ever had! Seems my camera has developed a weird tiny little spot inside the lens so will take it downtown tomorrow to get it repaired...sheesh means I got to put a tshirt on haha! Three of the 6 Aussie party animals have left for home making this place very peaceful! Although last night the 3 remaining tied one on fairly hard and this morning at 7am the cleaners and I had a chuckle as i swept through emails with a pot of coffee. Later on though when 2 of them surfaced looking like something the cat had drug in eaten and then coughed up, us "oldies" laughed at them to their faces! I reckon they've kind of partied themselves out. And so tomorrow they're all cruising up the coast to a place called Zacawa..I think...am unsure of the spelling. Which is cool because I can watch things here for a couple days, and either head to 
TwilightTwilight
Twilight

Twilight at Downtown Pto.
Oaxaca later this week or first thing next. Am either tired or so stuffed that I can't think straight so will post and annotate some pictures and hit the fart sack. 

Hasta pronto a todos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan