Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Puerto Escondido May 22nd 2012


Puerto Escondido
May 22nd 2012 

IguanaIguana
Iguana

My little buddy hanging out watching me!
Good early morning people! Haven't blogged for a few days, namely because I've been properly lazy! Ok explaining the title...I'll start with "Aussies". There are numerous here in town given the surf culture here. Anyway Saturday night I decided to see if I still had it in me for a night out. Proved I do but I Paid the next day haha. We left here at 6pm with a bottle of coffee flavored mescal (yummy) the 4 of us wandered up the beach to the party hostel. The evening wound up with 4 Aussie guys 3 Aussie girls...I think the 4th girl was a Kiwi, A Sepo (me) and a Mexican noone knew. As my evening wound down at 515am i found myself following my compatriots down the road with one stray Aussie reaching through the bars of the oxxo store (like 7-11) screaming at the woman clerk! At this point I decided "taxi time" and headed home. All told was still a fun evening and it seems I'm ok every now and again hangin' with the youngins'. Ok moving on to Mexican dentists! I've had a tooth that has been cracked since January when it inexplicitly exploded on a flight 
Iguana.Iguana.
Iguana.

My buddy giving me the stink eye! As if to say "go away"!
from Oregon to Seattle. So I found a dentist locally armed with a prescription my home doc filled for me. So when it flared up again last week I promptly went to see this guy and all told pulling tooth and an upper and lower cleaning will be 122 dollars US. Not bad! But as he broke it in half and removed half then ground it out and proceeded to try n pop the rest out i yelped like a lil girl whose favorite toy had been taken away...(still infected) so I now have half a molar and some drugs to kill pain and infection with a second appointment this Saturday! Am hoping the second yank goes well because I want to head to Oaxaca for a weekend. Oh and as i close this up..the other day I caught an Iguana hanging out in a tree outside my bungalow, so will post pictures of him! 

Hasta pronto a todos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan