Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Puerto Escondido May 29th 2012


Puerto Escondido
May 29th 2012 

Storm!Storm!
Storm!

The beginning of a front coming in that sent wonderfully cool rains!
Howdy people! Been a while I know and I am sorry (albeit barely). Sooooo....about said title! Today after relaxing most of the day in my apartment I wandered up to the main palapa to eat up some taco filling I had previously made. 

I encountered the usual suspects; meaning the aussie 20 somethings and a couple straggler girls that follow them. And a church teen group of 25 or so kids and various chapperones. The teen group was assembling for some sort of outing as the Aussies watched an HBO show that was just foul!Now mind you in the immortal words of Jimmy Buffett I'm so St. Ignacious but again I'm no barfly. Meaning I've my foul-mouthed sailor moments. I had warned one of the kids a few times about gratuitous use of profanities that fell on relatively deaf ears. Infact one even said to me "whats it to ya mate". Incredibly these "college educated" clods replied in short order! So today as the pastor and 20+ kids assembled to the wide screen playing what even myself considered crude humor,I leaned over to one of the Aussies sitting close by and asked...Is this really appropriate given there's a teen religious  group right here? He responded quickly with a pull off his beer..."they'll get over it". I was livid! No person has the right to decide what someone is exposed to. So seeing as theres nothing I can do in any significant way,I've decided I'm no longer going to speak to them,look at them or engage in any way whatsoever. I can't imagine a world where civilized folks do that to each other...it's insane! So while looking down my nose at them for the duration of their stay...(I'm here longer than most) might not accomplish much I'll feel better steering clear of these "Adults". I did recently take some photos that I will post and now that my tooth has been removed and I'm back on solid food I hope to be off to Oaxaca soon! And since I'm sitting outside shirtless yet still dripping sweat I'll close this and head off for a cool shower then a dip in the pool then BED!!!!!!!! 

Hasta pronto a todos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan