Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Thursday, May 23, 2024

CHRONICLE 3 Almost always granted me the Alchemist my number 1 hut. He was so close to his wooden tables and plastic chairs that in 20 steps he could get breakfast, lunch or dinner. How I enjoyed the night drinks, watching the super mega starry sky. I think it's the only thing that preserves this place from how many times I've visited. I laughed a lot when a chamaquito was coming towards me and in a very peculiar tone of the coast he said to me "are you going to want a whore?" " approaching his little box of giclets disguising the defendant puppy. But, since I don't even know how to smoke, I preferred my tequila and the good international menu that offered at good prices. Today is very expensive. I'd say they're hand shook. I liked talking to native people, local staff or any other foreigner, while perpetuating with my camera the canteen or my night hut. Zipolite is the glory for those who like to move away from civilization.

Top contributor
  
CRONICA 3
Casi siempre me concedió El Alquimista mi Choza número 1. Estaba tan cerca de sus mesas de madera y sillas de plástico que en 20 pasos llegaba a desayunar, comer o cenar. Cómo disfruté los tragos nocturnos, viendo el cielo super mega estrellado. Creo que es lo único que conserva éste lugar de cuántas veces lo visité. Me daba mucha risa cuando un chamaquito venía hacia mí y en un tono muy peculiar de costa me decía "¿vas a querer mota puto?" acercándome su cajita de chiclets disfrazando el demandado porrito. Pero, como yo no sé ni fumar, prefería mis tequilitas y la buena carta internacional que ofrecía a buenos precios. Hoy es muy caro. Yo diría que se les pa$o la mano.
Me gustaba hacer platica con gente nativa, personal del lugar o alguno que otro extranjero, mientras perpetuaba con mi cámara la cantina o mi choza de noche. Zipolite es la gloria para quienes gustan alejarse de la civilización.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan