Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Friday, February 1, 2013

Puerto Surf Posted on 23/01/2013, I’ve learnt how to relax in Puerto.. Posted on 21/01/2013




Puerto Surf

Last day of surfing in Puerto. I had a new board I hadn’t tried before, a 8,4″ funboard, it was not as easy as the beginners board, but much more fun! :) And it had a GoPro-surf-mount on it, so I attached the GoPro-camera I borrowed from my work and shot a video :) Since the internet connection isn’t the best here, the video is quite compressed…
And here are some other pics from last day at Puerto. The ones where I’m in the picture are taken by Markus (2outofoffice.blogspot.com)
Sunset from the balcony in Puerto
Sunset from the balcony in Puerto. Good bye!

I’ve learnt how to relax in Puerto..

Hellooo!
Bild-2012-09-20-kl.-01.52-#3
I’m lying here at my hammock that’s right outside my room. Ahhh. This is life. :)
I’m sad about leaving actually.  The days have just flown by once again.
I’ve spent some time with the two Mexican who was living here and taking lessons with me, Emiliano and Fausto, and they left today. Sadly. That is something I don’t like about traveling, having to say good byes to people, which you know you’ll probably won’t meet again. And also to say good-bye to places and cities.. Sure you can come back and visit, but I feel like I want to come back to all the places I’ve visited so far, which would mean that I need to do this trip again in the future.. ha ha ;)
So nice here. When I got here I really thought that time would pass by slowly, with only 2 hours of surf scheduled and no internet at home.. I downloaded like 5 episodes of different series when I was at the café with internet and I thought I would read out my book, but no, I haven’t had time for any of that. And I don’t know what I’ve done really, I guess just hanging out with people.. time just disappeared and this is now my last night here.
Last night, eating mexican snacks and candy. Really weird things, almost everything with chili.
Last night, eating mexican snacks and candy. Really weird things, almost everything with chili.
Breakfast at Morros with Emiliano, Oscar (surf teacher) and Fausto
Breakfast at Morros with Emiliano, Oscar (surf teacher) and Fausto
I have my last surf class tomorrow, then I’m going to do some laundry, pack my things up and then going in to the city to take out some cash to pay for the surf classes and I’m also.. heeey, something fell down on my hand, a poo! From the straw roof. I wonder what insect that was because it was quite big. Anyhow. I’m also going to send home some stuff I think, like a handbag, a pair of shoes, a short-sleeved shirt and other things I don’t think I’ll be using too much, and also some souvenirs that I bought. I don’t know if I’ve told you, but I have a collection of this snowball-thingy, but apparently there are no such thing here… So now I just buy small local art as souvenirs. :)
The beach house feels quite empty now, but actually to swedes arrived today! So weird to speak Swedish again, haha. They are also traveling for 6 months and blogging:http://2outofoffice.blogspot.com.
I just came back from dinner and some drinks around La Punta with them now.
We tried the thai-food place and later to a cool new bar called “El cangrejo inmortal” or something like that, it had really nice art work inside as decorations. :)
We talked a lot about the differences here and in being in Sweden, and what we miss about Sweden. These are some of my points in the list:
-High speed internet to back up pictures online… it takes forever here! Just surfing is ok though..
-Cheap mobile phone expenses, it’s expensive to send texts, call and use internet on the phone here.
-Stamps in supermarkets. Here you have to go to the main post office to get stamps.
-Clean homes without insects, I don’t mind it so much but in Sweden people would freak out if they knew they had like 100 ants, 20 spiders and some around the bed or the bathroom..
Dinner at the thai place. :)
Dinner at the thai place. :)

Right now I’m in bed, under the mosquito net. One thing I actually love about having my own room is to be able to lie almost naked under the mosquito net, haha. Also it is nice to have my things sort of unpacked. :) I’m glad I’ve met so nice people here at the Beach house, because I felt sort of alone in the beginning when I knew I didn’t have a host to take me under his/her wings and tell me about the place and what to do or to turn to when I have questions about how to get to places etc.. But people here are friendly and you share experiences with the other guests as well. But yes. I still love couchsurfing. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan