Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Friday, October 2, 2020

What's Happening in Mexico Right Now?

 What's Happening in Mexico Right Now?

Hi Mexico-loving friends,

A month in Mexico City has absolutely flown by. Yesterday we moved out of our apartment in Roma Norte and into a more spacious one in a quieter neighborhood to the west of Roma.

Living in Roma Norte has been a dream of mine for several years. It's one of my favorite neighborhoods in the city and one that I always gravitated towards when we came into the city center on weekends for craft beers and good street food. So to finally be able to spend a month amongst all of my favorite places was truly a dream.

My Most Recent Mexico City Updates

Yesterday, I posted a quick video showing you exactly what our apartment looked like in Roma Norte, how much it cost us per month, and I gave some advice about how to find short-term furnished rentals in Mexico City.

You can watch that video here.

I also posted a video last week showing you a little bit more about what is opening around Mexico City and what that actually looks like. We visited a few restaurants and bars and I videoed exactly what precautions are being taken and also showed you some seriously delicious tacos that you'll want to add to your list the next time you're in the city.

You can watch that video here.

Other Mexico Updates Around the Internet

If you're interested in what's happening in the Riviera Maya right now, several fellow YouTubers have made videos showing you their experiences in the beach town. Life of Jord made a video here which shows you his first impressions of Tulum and what it looks like with Covid restrictions.

This video from Janet Newenham goes into detail about what Cozumel looks like right now and why you should add it to your Mexico travel itinerary for your next trip to Mexico.

Raphael is a Mexican who writes about his travel experiences in English on his blog Journey Wonders. He recently took a road trip through Oaxaca and wrote this blog post about his experience not only traveling with current restrictions, but also giving tons of information about what you'll want to know if you decide to travel to Mexico right now.

Follow Me Elsewhere on the Internet for More Updates

If you want more frequent updates about Mexico City, I am posting daily on my Instagram stories showing you exactly what the protocols are in restaurants, what parts of the city are still closed, and anything else I see as I wander the streets here throughout the week. You can follow me on Instagram here.

If you enjoy my videos, it would mean the world to me if you would subscribe to my channel and give those videos a thumbs up or even a comment if you have the time. You can follow my YouTube channel here.

What Do You Want to Know?

Next week I'm going to be meeting up with bloggers from around Mexico and speaking to them about what is happening in their corner of the country. I would love to know what questions you guys have about visiting different parts of Mexico safely right now so that I make sure to send you exactly the information you want. Hit reply on this email and let me know!

Until next time,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan