Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Saturday, May 8, 2021

My: Zipolite the Movie begins....

 My: Zipolite the Movie begins.... 

I arrive in the middle of the afternoon. It is roasting. The cobble stone street is too hot for bar feet. The few people that are out and about look a little wrung out. They watch me quietly as I pass by. Some slightly nod their heads when I make eye contact. Is this a town I want to stay in? I didn't really plan on passing through her but some how the bus dropped me off here and said there wasn't another bus til tomorrow. It feels a little like a show from, The Twilight Zone. Ha Ha, no need to get myself all worried. Just smile and find a place to stay. I can think about leaving, tomorrow.... 

 In the background plays 'Hotel California': "Relax," said the night man, "We are programmed to receive. You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave!" It is roasting. The cobbled street is too hot for the feet of the bar. The few people who are out of place seem a bit squeezed. They look at me silently as I pass. Some nod slightly when I make eye contact. Is this a city I want to stay in? I wasn't really planning on going through it, but somehow the bus dropped me here and said there was no other bus until tomorrow. It feels a bit like a show from The Twilight Zone. Ha ha, no need to worry. Just smile and find a place to stay. I can think of leaving tomorrow ... 

 In the background 'Hotel California' plays: "Relax," said the man of the night, "We are programmed to receive. You can check-out whenever you want, but you can never leave!"







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan