Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

" Crying sea. Zipolite.


Zipolite.

Screenshot_2015-04-02-22-31-45
Zipolite
You want to touch the fire? You want to cross the sea by air? Come on boy, tell me where you want me to become? I am the night, I am the devil.
These words were a whisper quietly carried by the wind in my ears. The beach was deserted at that hour of the morning. The fire purred crisp and tiny sparks in a circle of stones ..
The man had appeared out of nowhere, between a short time, a contraction of the waves, in a sudden spasm of darkness.
His eyes were tiny stars that pierced me, its indigenous face had a perfect copper skin. Their targets with a similar grin a smile teeth, seemed to sing a seductive yet intelligible tune, capturing my attention completely. Pleased jumped, inertia I followed his gaze, to discover sitting on the rim of the moon, swinging his legs, just above the head of the rabbit. The moon was the ring of a magician.
The sea finally fell on the sand and eventually reactivated. Fear not, said behind me. Stepping out into the firelight was no longer a man. It was a moth, stumbling around the luminous circle.
I woke kilometers offshore, then I knew it was a dream, I had fallen asleep in a dream, being aware of it, I woke up again at the beach. When looking at my hands had dully between the tips of my fingers, like moths left when touched.
Osorio.

Zipolite
Quieres tocar el fuego? Quieres cruzar el mar por el aire? Vamos muchacho, dime, en que quieres que me convierta? Yo soy la noche, soy el diablo.
Estas palabras eran un murmullo, plácidamente llevado por el viento a mis oídos. La playa estaba desierta a esas horas de la madrugada. El fuego ronroneaba chispas crujientes y diminutas en un circulo de piedras..
Aquel hombre había aparecido de la nada, entre un breve espacio de tiempo, en una contracción de las olas, en un súbito espasmo de la oscuridad.
Sus ojos eran estrellas enanas, que me traspasaban, su rostro indígena tenia una piel perfecta de cobre. Sus dientes blancos con una mueca parecida a una sonrisa, parecía cantar una tonada inteligible y a la vez seductora, captando mi atención por completo. Complacido dio un salto, por inercia lo seguí con la mirada, para descubrirlo sentado en el aro de la luna, balanceando sus piernas, justo arriba de la cabeza del conejo. La luna era el anillo de un mago.
El mar por fin cayó sobre la arena y el tiempo se reactivó. No  tengas miedo, me dijo a mis espaldas. Al salir a la luz del fuego ya no era un hombre. Era una mariposa nocturna, dando tumbos al rededor del circulo luminoso.
Desperté kilómetros mar adentro, entonces supe que era un  sueño, me había quedado dormido en un sueño, al estar consciente de ello, desperté de nuevo en la playa. Al mirar mis manos tenia un brillo opaco entre las puntas de mis dedos, como el que dejan las polillas cuando se les toca.
Osorio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan