Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Huatulco, Oaxaca, Mexico - part 4



Camino Real Zaashila BeachTrip to Huatulco – Part 4

The final full day of my visit to Huatulco dawned as had each 
day – bright,  sunny with just a hint of humidity!
I headed down to the beach side restaurant  for breakfast – 
and once again was greeted by a wonderful fresh spread of
; other hot selections plus the omelet station.
After enjoying some fabulous fruit I decided to have an omelet.  
I was assembling the items that I wanted in my omelet when
 I came across something I most definitely did not want – 
cooked grasshoppers! Yic! No thank you – I was assured 
that they were quite good, full of protein & they’d add 
some crunch however, I decided to pass on this delicacy 
and stick with more familiar items – mushrooms & cheese with some tomato & peppers 
thrown in to give me crunch!
Shaun picked me up at 9.30 at the hotel and we headed over to the Cosmos office for a cup of tea 
and to make use of the great internet access to get caught up on our e-mails.  We were also able 
to pick up Shaun’s car that had been repaired and returned to him.  The A/C had started to behave erratically the day before so we had taken the Cosmo car & Shaun’s car at the office.  The 
mechanic came out the previous afternoon to Cosmo to fix it – now that is what I call service!  
Chatting to Shaun about the cost of repairs, etc. and he mentioned that they were a fraction 
of the cost of repairs in the US – not only were they less expensive – the mechanic comes to you!
After finishing up at the office we jumped in the car as Shaun wanted to show me the surrounding 
areas & the investment that was taking place in Huatulco by the government, private and 
corporate investors
Huatulco has been designated as an Integrally Planned Resort (IPR) by FONATUR and the future
is looking very bright as large amount of investment dollars are planned to be spent in the area
I was struck by the cleanliness everywhere – the curbs of the roads are pristine white or yellow 
all along the highway  – several times we passed men painting them!  The roads are in excellent 
condition.
Road to HuatulcoAs we drove along the road way away from Cosmo and the
 town of Huatulco Shaun explained that a number of well
 known hotel chains had bought large tracts of lands along 
the various bays and over the next few years there would 
be additional resorts being built along the road away from
 town and Cosmo.
Road along coastWe were on a ‘mission’ and that was to visit theSecrets resort to get a feel for the kind of investment that is being made in this area.
There is only one away to describe this resort – stunning!  From the gated grand entry to the impressive, yet welcoming, lobby area – everything spoke of a luxury high end resort.  This particular resort is couples only, they have a ‘sister’ resort in near my hotel called Dreams – I didn’t have a chance to visit this resort however it was very impressive from what I could see driving by.
Secrets, located on Canejos Bay, was truly magnificent from the impressive lobby with check-in 
desks lining each side of the wide spacious lobby.  We strolled to the end of the lobby area to
 have a look at the view – it really was very impressive.  The resort is massive offering many 
themed a-la-carte restaurants, activities, quiet areas – everything a couple wanting to have 
a 5 star vacation could wish for.
Shaun & SueView from Lobby bar
The photo to the left is myself and the developer of Cosmo Residences, Shaun and to the 
right you have an ‘unobstructed’ view from the lobby bar.  The photos below show the 
beach & pool area of Secrets taken from the lobby bar.
Secrets Beach - 1Secrets Beach - 2Secrets Beach - 3
On the way back to the hotel we drove into town as Shaun wanted to pick up some fresh fruit and vegetables.  He prefers to buy them from the store in town rather than from the large supermarket
 ‘Super Che’ (the store not only sells groceries, liquor and other daily necessities – it also sells 
Motorcyles!!) The supermarket is great for the everyday items;  Shaun however, does prefer to 
shop at the local butcher,  fruit and vegetable stores for his meat & veg.
The price for the fruit and vegetables at the local store downtown were VERY reasonable and 
everything looked so fresh and well presented – the store itself was impeccable as was the service.
DowntownFruit displayVegetable display
Avocado and shrimpShaun dropped me back to my hotel as we both had some work to catch up on.  I took my computer and headed to the Beach club for some lunch and catch up time and chose to enjoy the same lunch as I had the day before as it was so delicious – an avocado stuffed with shrimp on greens with tomatoes – and as it was my birthday I decided to enjoy a Margarita with my lunch!
Shaun would be back at 2 p.m. to pick me up and take me sailing so that I could see everything from the ocean.  We would be going out on a 47′ Beneteau yacht with it’s own captain.  This yacht is available for the owners and residents of Cosmo to charter at an extremely reasonable price of less than US $200 for a morning or afternoon sail.  I’ll tell you about this in a separate blog!
As I sit opening up my laptop to catch up on some work whilst I wait for my lunch I have a view of the beach, the ocean, the sparkling of the sun on the beach club pool, a soothing breeze blowing across my table … ahhh …  I must admit I do love my job!!
Sue                                                                 Sue Coleman
Direct: 1-800-209-3214Direct fax: 1-866-632-1297

E-mail: sue@liferichrealestate.com
E-mail:
 sue@suecolemanrealtor.com
Website: www.liferichrealestate.com
Website: www.suecolemanrealtor.com
Skype: suecolemaninternational

This information has been taken from sources believed reliable but not guaranteed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan