Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Huatulco 2012 « Granny goes to Mexico


Huatulco 2012 « Granny goes to Mexico
Posted in Travel, Mexico, Huatulco, Oaxaca by cybercrone on March 24, 2012 ... Well, Seamus finally got to go with me to Huatulco, and we had some great fun.
oaxaca2009.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/huatulco-2012/


Huatulco 2012

Posted in Travel, Mexico, Huatulco, Oaxaca by cybercrone on March 24, 2012
Church interior 2
Church interior 2
Well, Seamus finally got to go with me to Huatulco, and we had some great fun.
The first day we didn’t do much, slept late then went into town for some lunch and to see the church there, which I never tire of.  Pictures appear to be posting wherever they like this year, so sorry, but I haven’t been able to change it yet.  Also, I didn’t take quite as many pictures this time as a lot of it you folks have seen before.
Blue has the best lemonade in town.
Blue has the best lemonade in town.
Church interior 1
Church interior 1
Church interior 3
Church interior 3
The second day we went for our ATV tour and Seamus got to drive his own ATV which was good fun for him, I think.  We went to a lot of places and through the bush to some beaches we never would have seen otherwise.  SEamus, of course, was busy investigating all the rocks for crabs and anything else he could find.  That night we went out for dinner and Seamus got a job.    I also finally, with my new camera, got some good pictures of the ouraca (I think that’s how it’s spelled).  I’ve been trying to get pics of him for years and never gotten a good one.
That was the night too, where I was kept awake all night by dogs barking and I thought one of the guests had smuggled in some pets and then left them lonely while they partied.  It turned out that two dogs, well-kept and knew their basic commands, had fallen down the cliff behing our room and were trapped with no food or water. Seamus figured out a great way to get some water to them – I’ll try and load the video here,, but if  I can’t it’ll be on cybercroneca’s YouTube channel.
The really funny thing was that I figured out that the dogs knew their hand signals for sit and so on, so when the animal rescue came to get them out I told the guy that the animals knew English, and said “Sit” and did the hand signal, and they sat.  It cuased quite a bit of excitement among the workers to see that the dogs understood English.  Seamus did the same thing to the second set of guys that came and got the same reaction.  It was a HOOT! A secluded beach with no road in.
Seamus's new job!
Here is the URL for the video: http://youtu.be/vCHReWmjLkE
I will be closing this now and doing some more days later, hoping that the glitches here will be fixed or else that I can insert the photos appropriately if I do all the text first.
The puffer fish on the ceiling at the beach cafe.
The puffer fish on the ceiling at the beach cafe.
Senor Ouraca
Senor Ouraca
Seamus investigating the wild and marine life.
Seamus investigating the wild and marine life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan