Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pink Floyd - Echoes / Live at Pompeii ( full )

1 comment:

  1. Uploaded on Aug 16, 2011
    These are the two parts of ''Echoes'' ,at the Pompeii , in one video .. 24'06''
    Enjoy :-)

    "Echoes"

    Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air
    And deep beneath the rolling waves in labyrinths of coral caves
    The echo of a distant tide
    Comes willowing across the sand
    And everything is green and submarine
    And no one showed us to the land
    And no one knows the where's or why's
    But something stirs and something tries
    And starts to climb towards the light

    Strangers passing in the street
    By chance two separate glances meet
    And I am you and what I see is me
    And do I take you by the hand
    And lead you through the land
    And help me understand the best I can
    And no one calls us to move on
    And no one forces down our eyes
    And no one speaks
    And no one tries
    And no one flies around the sun

    Cloudless every day you fall
    Upon my waking eyes
    Inviting and inciting me to rise
    And through the window in the wall
    Comes streaming in on sunlight wings
    A million bright ambassadors of morning
    And no one sings me lullabies
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I tore the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky.
    Category
    Music
    License
    Standard YouTube License

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan