Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cali to Puerto Escondido the journey continues…


Cali to Puerto Escondido the journey continues…

foothills of gold…
foothills of gold…
I sit here in San Fransico Airport awaiting the red eye to Mexico City to meet the boys and Umi. There adventure since we parted sounds amazing, Waves waves , hurricane number 2 , getting evacuated out of a hotel in the middle of the night per flooding and roof failure. I am excited to hear the stories and we will update you asap!
It has been a long and surreal few weeks in my home lands of the California foothills, also know as the “Gold Country!”.  It rained, It was hot , it was cold, it was green and beautiful and seamed to have all the flavors of the seasons squeezed into two weeks.
Family and friends united from all corners to give Joseph a proper send off honoring his qualities humor and style. It was perfect gathering.  The emoting that poured out of myself and many others was rich. If I had a dollar for every tear shed, I would be taking you all on this trip. Joes friends and family all gathered and shared memories , photos and food.  Afterward we gathered for a camping trip at our youth river spot along the north fork of the american river.  It was absolutely necessary for  good soak in the clean fresh tahoe snow melt water and hot sierra sun. Joes friends amazed me I got to know him on a deeper level just from by hearing all the stories and memories of his adventures.
I love my brother and I belive when a person dies you need to let go of them and lift them up to god in your thoughts. It makes so much sense in my heart that one day you will unite with them again on a deeper level. I believe in taking the lessons and memories that your loved one taught you and letting them live on by the  lessons they leave you. Joey taught me so much. I didn’t realize it until now. And I am eternally great full.
With all this said I am very great full for the time spent home. In joes honor I saw as many movies as I could , ate as much sweets and american food Burgers, steaks, omelets, bacon, ice-cream, pasta, sand whatever else came my way! I went to film a film festive at the henry miller, took long coffee walks in the early am, and sleep in as much as possible.
It was a nice break from the roughing that mexico had been. and now I am ready for some more of mexicos adventure, Mafutas rides, saffa humor and Umi hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan