Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Monday, May 8, 2017

Huatulco, Zipolite/Escondido Questions Reddit Hey kooks, So I'm starting to plan my honeymoon, and am looking at Mexico, specifically Huatulco. My fiancee and have traveled a lot, and try to...


Huatulco, Zipolite/Escondido Questions
Hey kooks, So I'm starting to plan my honeymoon, and am looking at Mexico, specifically Huatulco. My fiancee and have traveled a lot, and try to...


all 4 comments
[–]coolballs 2 points  
hey fellow kook,
I spent about a week in Puerto Escondido and had probably my best surfing day ever there. There was a huge swell that brought in 25+ foot waves. I sure as fuck didn't surf those but I got to watch some people do some crazy big wave surfing. Later I went out to the point break at Playa Carrazalillo that that was sending out these beautiful 6-7 glassy beauts. I ended up staying out there for 4 or 5 hours and got super sunburned but it was totally worth it. That beach is also in a really nice cove with cheap corona and food. Not a bad place to spend a week.
What's great about Puerto is that there are 3 great spots that have different size waves. So I stayed at La Punta (best spot to stay imo) where there's a good point break, but when the waves got too big I went to Carazalillo. There's also the beach break that gets the biggest waves, but I didn't actually get a chance to surf there.
Also, there's a really awesome mountain town in between Cuidad de Oaxaca and Puerto Escondido called San Jose Del Pacifica. I went there with a bunch of backpackers and did shrooms (pretty much all drugs are legal there). There's also a little ritual you can pay do there where they basically hot box (sauna, not pot) a room and chant and get weird. It's a good time for sure.
Also, the food in Oaxaca is really good. I think it'd be a good honeymoon spot. Southern Mexico is awesome.
[–]yeahsurf 2 points  
Might be a little late in the season for Huatulco area spots


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan