Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Getting Naked At Zipolite Mexico Bare Beach Castool_PNG-01 Guest site by: Nomadic Naturist A little while back, my wife J and I got to spend a while in Zipolite on the Pacific coast of Mexico.


Getting Naked At Zipolite Mexico Bare Beach
Guest site by: Nomadic Naturist A little while back, my wife J and I got to spend a while in Zipolite on the Pacific coast of Mexico.


Getting Naked At Zipolite Mexico Bare Beach

Guest site by: Nomadic Naturist
A little while back, my wife J and I got to spend a while in Zipolite on the Pacific coast of Mexico. Zipolite is among the few beaches in Mexico that takes naturists. The playa is dotted with pubs, restaurants, resorts, fishermen, expat North Americans, expat Italians and joyful Mexicans giggling at our lack of shame.
Days in Zipolite instantly slipped into a meandering rhythm of skinny dipping, drinking and laughing. I spent my mornings running on the plage followed by skinny dipping and nude sunbathing. J and I rented a bungalow on the hill overlooking the naked Mexiac beach.
Zipolite Mexican Naturist Nude Beach
We'd a hammock, a bed, an outdoor kitchen area and never much more, not even a door. It was perfect.
I spent my time at the bungalow naked, enjoying the sea breeze. J ordinarily wore a sarong. There is loads to eat along the beach and in town where we found Mexican and Italian food.
Zipolite Nude Naturist Mexican Sand Resort
Below are a few selections from my journal composed during our week in Zipolite:
11/13/12
Monday afternoon was spent with J in the hammock. Then click walked the period of Zipolite. We caught a sunset from the Eastern end where we drank Cornonas and watched silhouetted fishermen finish their day's work perched on the giant boulders that protrude from the surf.
Dinner at a beachside restaurant and then back to the bungalow for some reading. J attempted to watch TV on the notebook but it did not work out. I am not certain I'm sad about that.
Tuesday, today. I awakened at 6:30 and went to the beach for a skinny dip. I'm not confident the naturist matter will work out nicely here. Not many individuals appear to be carrying it out. I have seen maybe less than a dozen nudies, all guys, and one topless girl. We are going to see what the heat of the day brings. Right now I'm happily roasting in the early morning Mexican sun.
11/14/12
Two year anniversary. Married to the most amazing man anyone has ever met.
J took her top off yesterday! I did not always expect that to occur while we were here. There were boys around the second time she went topfree and she said, I 've to get over myself, as she dropped her sarong.
Topfree / Topless Girl at Zipolite Mexican Bare Beach
Had yet another amazing breakfast with J yesterday morning. Eggs with salsa and green juice. Then it was off to Puerto Angel for the one local ATM so that we'd have cash. Of course, the ATM was busted. 15 miles, a trip to San Pedro Pechutla and $200 Pesos afterwards, we'd cash.
Our taxi driver kept teasing us to have him drive us to the airport by the end of our trip. Home is a long ways off, we'll see.
(Later) I could get used to this. Had a pleasant, leisurely two mile run and then a skinny dip. I could easily run 21 miles per week and still have so much time for myself. At this point, everything else is icing on the cake for my day. Breakfast, drinking, dinner will all be excellent. What else will I do? Read? Swim more? All I need is all around me.
11/15/12
Up before the sun today. Roosters everywhere. Had yet another wonderful day with J yesterday. She continues to go topfree despite gawkers. I believe it's second nature now, and I suppose she'll wear the sarong with no bikini top and that will be that.
Spent the day on the strand. We made plans to check out Shambala, but rather we placed in the hammock. Then it was back to the playa for sunset. We got quite drunk at a pub run by a Chicagoan named Kevin. So intoxicated that we did not have as much cash as we'd have enjoyed for dinner and spent every last cent on a bottle of wine and two platters. We walked back on the strand, me nude and then J collapsed into bed while I feigned to stay up but failed into the hammock. I expected to be hungover today but I seem to be good.
11/16/12
Roosters awakened me again this morning. I'm loving waking up with the sun but I wonder if it would change if I lived here.
Yesterday, J awakened with a hangover and we took a boat tour. We saw the Indio and the Mono (Indian and Monkey) stone formations. I remember seeing them the last time we were here, for our wedding. Next we saw some porpoises. Then we quit for snorkeling. Next up one other passenger and myself scaled a stone formation and jumped off.
Our guide did a backflip. Then J and another passenger decide to bou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan