Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Sunday, March 11, 2018

How to get to Puerto Angél from OAX airport? TripAdvisor I'll be arriving in OAX at seven at night and am wondering what's the best way to get to Pto. Angél. Do I need to make a reservation to use the bus company or can I get a ride once I get there? I have been unable to find a website to book a bus...


How to get to Puerto Angél from OAX airport?
I'll be arriving in OAX at seven at night and am wondering what's the best way to get to Pto. Angél. Do I need to make a reservation to use the bus company or can I get a ride once I get there? I have been unable to find a website to book a bus...
 3 posts
 Save Topic
How to get to Puerto Angél from OAX airport?
I’ll be arriving in OAX at seven at night and am wondering what’s the best way to get to Pto. Angél. Do I need to make a reservation to use the bus company or can I get a ride once I get there? I have been unable to find a website to book a bus service with.
3 replies to this topic
Vancouver BC
What's this?
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level  Contributor
 9,885 posts
 199 reviews
 Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Puerto Angél from OAX airport?
Are you flying onto OAX or HUX? Big difference.
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level  Contributor
 6,466 posts
 128 reviews
 Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Puerto Angél from OAX airport?
And you cannot make (bus) reservations from the US / Canada without using a third party booking site, and paying their fees. Generally speaking it isn't necessary anyway, as unless you are traveling around a *major holiday* (e.g. Christmas, Mother's Day, Easter, Semana Santa etc.) the buses seldom if ever fill up (except as noted around major holidays).
You can pay with your US / Canadian cc in person at the bus station in Mexico; just not over the internet. Really not a good idea to buy ahead of time anyway..... just in case you have flight delays / issues en-route.
¡Diviértanse!

 3 posts
 Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Puerto Angél from OAX airport?
Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan