Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Posada Buena Vida Zipolite 3 stars ottentomatoes.com had,clean,,a,perfectly,and,for...,located,room,exactly,quiet,place,beach,I,picture.,on,he,ocean,view,upgrade,The,is,was,it,like,actually,got,the,(,) ...


Posada Buena Vida Zipolite 3 stars
had,clean,,a,perfectly,and,for...,located,room,exactly,quiet,place,beach,I,picture.,on,he,ocean,view,upgrade,The,is,was,it,like,actually,got,the,(,) ...


7.9
Beautiful but a little overpriced
 Share this review  Facebook  Email  Copy link
  • Leisure trip
  • Solo traveler
  • Suite with Partial Sea View
  • Stayed 7 nights
  • Submitted from a mobile device
The room I booked said partial sea view but really it had NO sea view but when I arrived I got upgraded into a sea front room without any problem. I was travelling alone and had a double room booked for 60 Dollars a night. One afternoon I had a visitor and we wanted to enjoy my balcony but he wasn't allowed up. I think this is very bad as it is a standard hotel not a hostel and I am a respectable guest who was never drunk and usually in bed by 22:00. I do like to decide for myself if I want to invite a guest. Also it was only once and a afternoon. Not happy about that at all. I think that really bad treatment !
The place is perfectly located on he beach and the room I had ( ocean view ) was wonderfulZ it was quiet clean and exactly like on the picture. I actually got a room upgrade for free as I arrived and was very happy. The staff is lovely and they dos everything to please me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan