Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A Free Home Safety Reminder Site Reminder Box Getting Naked At Zipolite Mexico Nude Beach. Guest website by: Nomadic Naturist. Just a little while back, my wife J and I got to spend time in Zipolite ...

 http://reminderbox.com/members/greenwood66slater/activity/257094/

A Free Home Safety Reminder Site
Getting Naked At Zipolite Mexico Nude Beach. Guest website by: Nomadic Naturist. Just a little while back, my wife J and I got to spend time in Zipolite ...

Getting Naked At Zipolite Mexico Nude Beach

Guest website by: Nomadic Naturist

Just a little while back, my wife J and I got to spend time in Zipolite on the Pacific coast of Mexico. Zipolite is one of the few beaches in Mexico that tolerates naturists. The sand is dotted with bars, restaurants, hotels, fishermen, expat North Americans, expat Italians and joyful Mexicans giggling at our lack of shame.

Days in Zipolite instantly slipped into a meandering rhythm of skinny dipping, drinking and laughing. I spent my mornings running on the playa followed by skinny dipping and nude sunbathing. J and I rented a bungalow on the hill overlooking the naked Mexiac sand.

Zipolite Mexican Nudist Bare Beach

We had a hammock, a bed, an outdoor kitchen area and not much more, not even a door. It was perfect.

I spent my time at the bungalow nude, loving the sea breeze. J normally wore a sarong. There’s plenty to eat along the beach and in town where we located Mexican and Italian food.

Zipolite Unclothed Naturist Mexican Beach Resort

Below are some selections from my journal written during our week in Zipolite:

11/13/12

Monday day was spent with J in the hammock. Afterward we walked the amount of Zipolite. We caught a sunset in the Eastern end where we drank Coronnas and saw silhouetted fishermen finish their day’s work perched on the giant boulders that protrude in the surf.

Dinner at a beachside restaurant and then back to the bungalow for some reading. J tried to see TV on the notebook but it did not work out. I’m not certain I am sad about that.

Tuesday, today. I awoke at 6:30 and went to the playa for a skinny dip. I am not certain the naturist thing is going to work out nicely here. Very few people appear to be doing it. I have seen perhaps less than a dozen nudies, all guys, and one topless girl. We are going to see what the heat of the day brings. Right now I am happily roasting in the early morning Mexican sunlight.

11/14/12

Two year anniversary. Wed to the most wonderful man anyone has ever met.

J took her top off yesterday! I did not necessarily expect that to happen while we were here. There were boys around the second time she went top free and she said, I have to get over myself, as she lost her sarong.

Top free / Topless Girl at Zipolite Mexican Nude Beach

Had yet another excellent breakfast with J yesterday morning. Eggs with salsa and green juice. Then it was off to Puerto Angel for the one local ATM so that we would have cash. Of course, the ATM was broken. 15 miles, a trip to San Pedro Pochutla and $200 Pesos afterwards, we had cash.

Our taxi driver kept teasing us to have him drive us to the airport at the conclusion of our trip. House is a long ways away, we will see.

(After) I could get used to this. Had a nice, leisurely two mile run and then a skinny dip.

Latest Naked News Stories:  Zelda Supple and Looking Good Naked Man! could readily run 21 miles weekly and still have so much time for myself. Now, everything else is icing on the cake for my day. Breakfast, drinking, dinner will all be exceptional. What else will I do? Read? Swim more? All I need is all around me.

11/15/12

Up before the sun today. Roosters everywhere. Had yet another excellent day with J yesterday. She continues to go top free despite gawkers. I believe it’s second nature at this point, and I suppose she’ll wear the sarong with no bikini top and that will be that.

Spent the day on the playa. We made plans to check out Shambhala, but rather we laid in the hammock. Then it was back to the beach for sunset. We got rather drunk at a bar run by a Chicagoan named Kevin. So drunk that we did not have as much money as we’d have enjoyed for dinner and spent every last cent on a bottle of wine and two plates. We walked back on the beach, me naked and then J collapsed into bed while I feigned to stay up but failed into the hammock. I anticipated to be hungover today but I seem to be good.

11/16/12

Roosters woke me again this morning. I am loving waking up with the sun but I wonder if it would alter if I lived here.

Yesterday, J woke with a hangover and we took a boat tour. We saw the Indio and the Mono (Indian and Monkey) rock formations. I remember seeing them the last time we were here, for our wedding. Next we saw some porpoises. Afterward we stopped for snorkeling. Next up one other passenger and myself scaled a rock formation and jumped off.

Our guide did a backflip. Then J and another passenger determine to bound too. Then the guide did

Nudist Sites By Naturist Portal. We stopped for lunch and cervezas. We got a ride back to Zipolite in a very stereotypical camion.

Dinner at La Provencia. We had a bottle of Spanish wine. Appetizers were a bean pate and goat cheese with beets croquette. J had a mezcal cream sauce chicken and I had an eggplant dish with a Provencal bean salad.

11/17/12

Had a breakfast of chilaquiles at a place called A Nice Spot on the Beach. We discussed our future: Children, opening a tavern, moving out of the town. We ran into The Norwegians, a couple in the tour on Thursday. We discussed with them for a short time.

Then it was onto the ATM in Porto Angel, that was really working yesterday. J re-met up with the Norwegians for yoga while I went swimming. We grabbed a snack of tlayudas de nopales on the street. Then we returned to our bungalow with our pals for Havana Club daiquiris. Lots more amazing conversation. It turns out that Thomas is a chef and knows Eleven Madison Park, among other NYC restaurants, so he understood how well-known J is.

11/24/12

Opting for a Skinny Dip at Zipolite Nudist Nude Beach in Mexico

The last full day in Zipolite was amazing. I did the normal, wake up, run, skinny dip. J went for an hour or so and a half massage while I lay nude on the beach. The massage left her very content. Dinner was straightforward pizzas and micheladas on the main street.

Monday morning in Zipolite, we woke up and lay in the hammock for a bit before leaving. It was a wonderful trip.

11/28/12

First full week back in the northeast. I’ve sweat through my shirt, reek of deodorant and paid $7 for a "affordable" drink.

This is civilized?

If you visit Zipolite, it’s important to remember it is not Cancun. There aren’t any ATM’s in town. The closest one is several miles away and it wasn’t working on one of the days we went to get cash. While the individuals are entirely favorable toward North Americans, it helps if you are able to talk a good number of Spanish. It is also crucial that you note that Zipolite isn’t a private or sanctioned nude beach. Nudity is taken by the locals, but not protected and not many people strip down and hardly any women go top free. It all comes down to how comfortable you are being naked among individuals in cloths.

It seems to me that naked is something to be laughed at in Mexico. The people are undoubtedly more prude than North Americans when it comes to keeping themselves in textiles, but they’re not almost as judgmental of nudies. They might point and laugh but, if you are confident enough to see the silliness in wearing clothes in the hot sun, you can laugh together, and everything will be fine. They did not demand I cover up the way some New Yorkers may demand top free girls cover up in Central Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan