Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Help us in our little diveshop in the beautiful Mazunte Workaway My name is Alejandro and I am from Mexico City. I always wanted to have my own little diving school and one year ago I came to Mazunte to open my ...



Help us in our little diveshop in the beautiful Mazunte
My name is Alejandro and I am from Mexico City. I always wanted to have my own little diving school and one year ago I came to Mazunte to open my ...

Help us in our little diveshop in the beautiful Mazunte

Country: Mexico
New host listing
Workaway Host rating
Last Activity
27/08/2014

Description

My name is Alejandro and I am from Mexico City. I always wanted to have my own little diving school and one year ago I came to Mazunte to open my dive school and shop. I am very happy here, because the life here is different and we can do what we really like. Every day when we go down we can find different sealife, new species and it is always an adventure. The coast of Oaxaca is still very virgin and for that there is a lot to see and to explore. The wildlife is very active here. We are also the only dive school in the whole region (zipolite, puerto angel, san agustinillo and mazunte).

Area

Oaxaca

Type of help

Teaching,
Help with Computers / internet,
Other,
Helping with Tourists

Help

We are looking for a person who loves the sea and its wildlife and who is openminded and likes working with people. You don't need any experience but it would be perfect if you are interested in diving or if you want to learn it. 
The idea is that our volunteer can help us in the diveshop, selling tours and equipment and also if you speak various languages you could help us translating some of the tours. 
If you have a divers license you can also help with the diving. 
We could also need a person who likes onlinemarketing and can help us to spread the word of our school.

Languages spoken

Spanish, a bit of English

Accommodation

I offer a private room with private bathroom and food. ( 2 meals a day). And there is the opportunity to earn commissions for selling our tours. 
If you want to make a diving course with me I offer you a discount and you will have an exellent teacher. :)

What else ...

Next to diving all kind of watersports are very popular here. There is surfing, bodyboarding, boogy boarding, snorkelling, fishing tours, kayaks etc. There is whale season from October to March and you can make a tour with a local fisher man for 200 pesos mexicanos (16$). 
In Mazunte you will find a turtle conservation center, you can visit La Ventanilla, where you will see wild crocodiles. 
You can walk to Punta Cometa, which is a special place with a lot of energy.

Some more information

Internet access
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers

Volunteering hours expected

5





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan