Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Home » Oaxaca » Sports » The Zombie, the dynasty continues The Zombie, the dynasty continues JAIME SANCHEZ MEDINA Tue, 07/22/2014 - 22:35





The Zombie, the dynasty continues

JAIME SANCHEZ MEDINA

Today we will discuss a Oaxacan born German colony, tough by nature, which in 1976 could have been professional, but just did not want to be a fighter.
The Zombie called himself well in the sport called slams, is part of that group chosen for the great fighters known Oaxacan groups that belonged to the generation of the 70's, a generation worried about boosting wrestling flush Canvas .
No affliction; joyfully to tell, and vitality that radiates from every pore of your skin, and is lost in its narrative.
Without going any further, between thought and feeling, began to fight on the canvas backing, all he could remember, and those sets of the third string, and keys single canvas that left vanquished rivals were log detailed ecstasy that had left this strange happiness of being a fighter.
"I lived in a routine environment where I did not have everything, but am having a great time, because in my childhood I was a restless boy looking for entertainment with all that was always looking for ways to distract myself," she seeks comfort outside one of their armchairs.
In his childhood, he says, was very difficult to practice a sport, especially when it was the lower middle class, because access to the few places that had not had, and where a sport developed.
"My Life as a minority was hard, because my parents never lived together, so my life next to my mother forged in rented house and that way of life taught me a lot.
"To date, and with 45 years of being next to the mother of my children, I'm happy, I'm happy and I'm trying to what I experienced, not repeated within my home," he says.
ITS INCEPTION IN WRESTLING
At 17 came to wrestling in matches, since that time, The Incredible already struggling and knew him a day like any, you got to make the invitation.
It was not until then that first stepped on a ring, installed in the fire station that was located between the streets and Peripheral Xicoténcatl. "I lived in the back," he recalls.
Points have attended about four days, but as was unaware that novices could not train in the ring, on the fifth day came the fighters already had in luchísticas functions Zombie saw all ran up to the Incredible, but he know what to do and stood up to the canvas, the fighters went up and gave him a bumpy who has not forgotten to this day.
After bad passage, said having been at the street with Rigo Cisneros at that time struggling with the name of "Zorro," which takes advantage of the invitation to give the ring back.
"It was from that time that I was in charge of a teacher with whom I've been training for about a year, but I felt not learned much, and what I noted that when I go to fight for the first time to the public.
"I came up with the name 'The Great Caesar', I got a plush that took away the urge to go back up," he says when receiving a call that interrupted the dialogue.
TAKING THE NAME OF THE ZOMBIE
Without giving dates because he says states that do not have them this was after we received your first paycheck as a fighter who became known with his partner as the masked Zombies.
"As we had caused excitement, and we were winning our pennies, leaving the sand Oaxaca, we were going to fight the Barrios where there was celebration, but there were using the name 'Los Campesinos'.
"Knowing the Moon were struggling promoter unmasked acting in the Districts and neighborhoods of the city, forced us to expose the masks 'Foxes', was a spectacular fight, where we were winning, but in the end, the referee gave victory to our opponents, and that was where we uncovered.
At the end of the function, Moon approached us and told us, now, yes, you can go fight warmly unmasked neighborhoods, "he exclaims, laughing.
Thanked wrestling with
"I thank God, with what little I fought because I did it with great fighters like El Santo, Blue Demon, Mil Mascaras, Rayo de Jalisco, Darkness is why, nowadays everyone knows me by the nickname of The Zombie .
I have fond memories of it since all caravans rode fighting inside the country, I had to go to Puebla, where I witnessed the debut of Hijo del Santo, who had at that time the nickname Red Masked indicates a large satisfaction, same as reflected in his face.
Therefore there thinks so rewarding; was always involved in fights or Star Semifinal, and have lost the mask gave more protection and strength.
Being a fighter says having changed the lives personally, Young was a frequent borrower, and through sport stopped drinking, smoking, eradicated the vices, and it will have you on these very stable in time, both at work and in home where he lives happily with his wife.
He claims to be an ordinary person, and believes that they can succeed in every way of life, we must be humble and not lose that quality, because humility takes you to have many things and makes you a winner.
In all sports never stop learning, is always learning new things. "But if you ignore what you are teaching, you'll never achieve your goals," he points out.
So also said Pepe Cisneros was one of his greatest instructors, since it was not a person who insulted you, but drove him with a pat on the back. Today I have taken his advice to develop their work and has worked.
"Today I work in ironworks already labeled, and it is where I get to keep my family live happy, because now the dynasty continues, one of my nephews steps into the ring with the name of Zombie Jr and grandchildren are pushing hard she concluded. 
Says it was in 2006 that climbed back into the ring to continue the dynasty of the Zombies as his grandson now fights under the name Zombie Jr.
Now my grandchildren, children of my son Daniel, now awakened them that worm for wrestling, and it is a satisfaction that makes me feel great, "concludes Gregorio García, The Zombie.
"Wrestling will never be a pantomime, and that simply let you fall three meters at a rate that is multiplied with the weight that the wrestler, and it grips under the ring, not pantomime."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan