Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Friday, June 8, 2012

Oaxaca Mexico – A Lovely Place With Colonial Architecture : Shambala Hotel At Zipolite Beach In Oaxaca, Mexico



Shambala Hotel At Zipolite Beach In Oaxaca, Mexico - Shambala Hotel At Zipolite Beach In Oaxaca, Mexico
Oaxaca Mexico – A Lovely Place With Colonial Architecture : Shambala Hotel At Zipolite Beach In Oaxaca, Mexico
GITravel, Tuesday May 29, 2012 5:19 am. Outstanding photograph of Shambala Hotel At Zipolite Beach In Oaxaca, Mexico, one of the photo from some photographs, from the post Oaxaca Mexico – A Lovely Place With Colonial Architecture. See the large version of this amusing photo which is 1280x857 pixels, by clicking on the photograph above.
This amusing photograph of Shambala Hotel At Zipolite Beach In Oaxaca, Mexico ordered by category within the Adventure Travel general area of interest, in conjuction with Featured Places objective, also Family Travel subject, as well as Country - Mexico subject, as well as Cities subject, and Continent - North America general area of interest, among other outstanding traveling general area of interest in GITravel.

Shambala Hotel At Zipolite Beach In Oaxaca, Mexico Photo Gallery

Oaxaca Mexico – A Lovely Place With Colonial Architecture : Shambala Hotel At Zipolite Beach In Oaxaca, Mexico has 17 amusing photographs in total. Don’t forget to see the other large photograph by clicking on the thumbnails below.

2 comments:

  1. I miss Zipolite so much. I was there before there was a town of Zipolite. I was there before Shambala was built, but I was there when Shambala became a dream and a vision. I went back about 8 years ago, and want to return again when I am able. When I return, I do not think I ever will want to leave again. I love and Miss my Sister "Gloria" of Shambala. I want to come home. Peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also miss Zipolite, Puerto Angel, the sand, the beach, the people, my awakening to life and my first love. That was in 1973, 1974 & 1975. Now, I am 60 & I think of my life then....so often. I wonder about all of the wonderful people that lived there. How is Tolano Silva Reyes, Jose(Tolano's) cousin, Pepe (his family had a restaurant in Puerto Angel, only served rice, eggs, beans & fish), Mario (he was from CA & his mother married a local from Puerto Angel), Rachel, Simon (from Eugene,Oregon) and their families? I wish I knew the answers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan